Here's what you need to know about deleting customers:
- While deleting a customer does not incur additional costs to your account, it is generally best practice not to delete customer information.
- A customer can only be deleted if they are not linked to any loans. Thus, you must unlink any associated loans before deleting a customer.
- When a customer is deleted, it remains in the database. Instead of being dropped, it is simply marked as deleted.
For information on Customer database tables, see the following articles:
- Database – Customer Main Table (customer_entity)
- Database – Customer Status Entity (customer_status_entity)
Try It Instructions
Our requests often provide sample payload information so that you can receive a 200 response from simply hitting the Try It button. Since this is a DELETE request, this one is a bit different.
To receive a 200 response from the Try It button, you will have to try this request with your own tenant credentials. If you plan on doing so, make sure to change the headers to match your own authentication information.