Customer documents are often used in lending to keep copies of a borrower's loan agreement, identification information, and more. Here's what you need to know about this request:
- This request allows you to preview a customer document that's saved within your account.
- A successful request will display the text of a document in the response. The formatting of .docx files may lead to a messy response; however, .txt files will be much easier to view.
- The sample file that this request pulls is a simple .txt file.
To see how customer documents work within the UI, take a look at our Uploading a Customer Document article.
For information on customer and customer document database tables, see the following articles:
- Database – Customer Document Entity (customer_document_entity)
- Database – Document Section Entity (doc_section_entity)
- Database – Customer Main Table (customer_entity)
Try It Instructions
Our requests often provide sample payload information so that you can receive a 200 response from simply hitting the Try It button. This request is ready for you—hit Try It to send the request.
However, if you would like to try this request with your own tenant account, make sure to change the headers to match your own authentication information.