This request allows you to activate a loan.
This request allows you to activate a created loan. Here's what you need to know about this request:
- Activating a loan is a separate distinction from an active loan status. For more information on the distinction, take a look at our article on the subject.
- By default, newly created loans are not activated.
- Loans can be deactivated, if needed.
- If the loan used in your request is already activated, the response will come back as "false" instead of "true".
- This is a POST request, but a payload is not required.
For more information on this request, read our API – Activating a Loan article on our help site.
Pay special attention to the endpoint of this request.
This request does not use OData, so it's not included in the endpoint like most other LMS requests.
For information on Loans database tables, see the following articles:
- Database – Loan Table (loan_entity)
- Database – Loan Setup (loan_setup_entity)
- Database – Loan Status Entity (loan_status_entity)
Try It Instructions
Our requests often provide sample payload information so that you can receive a 200 response from simply hitting the Try It button. This request is a bit different.
Since previously activated loans will return a "false" response, we can’t provide sample ID values that will work for multiple users. But, if you’d like to see a sample of a 200 response, click the response examples located under the Try It button.
To receive a 200 response from the Try It button, you will have to try this request with your own tenant credentials. If you plan on doing so, make sure to change the headers to match your own authentication information.